New Salem Area Community Foundation
About the New Salem Area Community Foundation
Established in 2013 through a generous gift from the former New Salem Credit Union, the New Salem Area Community Foundation is a permanent endowment fund that can support our community for years to come. Earnings from the fund are given as grants to support nonprofit projects or programs in the area that work to improve our community and quality of life.
The New Salem Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a volunteer group of citizens whose primary activities are building the fund and recommending grants each year.
Local Advisory Committee
Charles R. Holle
New Salem Area Community Foundation (NSACF) committee
c/o Capital Credit Union
PO BOX B
New Salem, ND 58563
or contact John Heinen at the North Dakota Community Dickinson Office (701) 590-4614
GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED FEBRUARY 15th - MARCH 15th
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies or those with a qualified fiscal sponsor. Contact the local committee or firstname.lastname@example.org for options of sponsors.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations in the New Salem area.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-sectarian and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/NewSalem.
- Extensions may be granted and additional grant application deadlines may be added at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals will NOT be considered.
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses will receive a lower priority.
- Requests for projects or programs that serve a greater number of community residents will receive higher priority.
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in the New Salem Area:
Robert E. Chase Scholarship
The Robert E. Chase Scholarship Fund was established in 1994 by the Mandan Rotary Club to honor longtime Mandan businessman and community leader Robert E. Chase. Each year, the Dollars for Scholars chapters from Hebron, Glen Ullin, New Salem, Flasher, and Mandan shall recommend recipients for the award.
Central Dakota Cyclists Fund
This fund was established to support the charitable work of the Central Dakota Cyclists.
Please feel free to either download any of these files and send to a friend or family member, or simply attach it to an email. This is a great way to share the story of the foundation. Thank you!
Annual Community Report 2017 Coming Soon
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation