Golden Valley County Community Foundation
About the Golden Valley County Community Foundation
The Golden Valley Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Golden Valley County. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Golden Valley County Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
Local Advisory Committee
or contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Development Director .
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION DUE JUNE 1st - JUNE 30th
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact email@example.com at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Golden Valley County (and surrounding communities, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee).
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/GoldenValleyCounty and may also be available in hard copy format, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Applications shall be accepted June 1 through June 30 of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
New for 2018 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Golden Valley Community Foundation in 2015
City of Beach Park Board - $2,500 for a bridge to connect playground structures
CIty of Beach for baseball field improvements
Golden Valley County Fairboard
City of Beach hiking trail
If you or someone you know would like to make a donation to this community fund to continue its great work, call or email John Heinen NDCF Development Director at ndcf.net or (701) 590-4614
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way.
QUESTIONS Click here to email the committee Thank you!
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation