Golden Valley County Community Foundation
About the Golden Valley County Community Foundation
The Golden Valley Community Foundation was established in 2008 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Golden Valley County. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Golden Valley County Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
Local Advisory Committee
Contact one of the committee members Golden Valley Community Foundation Committee Email
or contact John Heinen NDCF Western ND Development Director .
GRANTABLE BALANCE FOR 2017 Grant Cycle: $2556
Apply for a Grant from the Golden Valley County Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Golden Valley County (and surrounding communities, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee).
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/GoldenValleyCounty and may also be available in hard copy format, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Applications shall be accepted June 1 through June 30 of each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
Download application form, and send completed application to:
GRANTABLE BALANCE FOR 2017 CYCLE is: $2556
GVCC Community Foundation
PO Box 757
C/O Chamber of Commerce Beach, ND 58621
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION DUE MAY 1st - JUNE 1st
CLICK HERE FOR GRANT APPLICATION: Fill in completely since form does not save information if you navigate away from the page. The committee will receive a copy once you hit send.
ONLINE GRANT REPORT
CLICK HERE TO OPEN ONLINE GRANT REPORT FORM: Report is within 6 months of getting a grant. Be sure to enter completely and hit send. This form does not save data but will send you a email confirming the information you sent.
Grants Awarded by the Golden Valley Community Foundation in 2015
City of Beach Park Board - $2,500 for a bridge to connect playground structures
CIty of Beach for baseball field improvements
Golden Valley County Fairboard
City of Beach hiking trail
If you or someone you know would like to make a donation to this community fund to continue its great work, call or email John Heinen NDCF Development Director at ndcf.net or (701) 590-4614
The North Dakota Community Foundation does not have any other funds that support this community. If you would like to start a fund to support a project or nonprofit organization in this area, please contact our office.
Please find attached various materials which you can download for your own or to pass along to a family member or friend. Help get the word out about the fund, helps the fund grow and serve the community in a bigger way. Any questions please refer to the contact page to contact a committee member. Thank you!
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation