About the McKenzie County Community Foundation
The McKenzie County Community Foundation was established in 2010 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in McKenzie County. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The McKenzie County Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
HELPING US BUILD THE FUND: In order for the fund to have a bigger impact in the community, we invite those in the region to make some sort of a gift. Please refer to the "other information" tab for a report and brochure to find out more. Or please call one of us on the committee. We would be happy to answer any questions.
Local Advisory Committee
Marcia Hellandsaas (Chair) Desiree Sorenson, Jan Dodge Eric Mogan Ty Skarda Deb Wisness EMAIL US BY CLICKING HERE
McKenzie County Community Foundation (MCCF)
C/O NDSU Ext 201 5th St NW Suite 525 Watford, ND 58854
Phone (701) 444-3451
For more information about NDCF contact John Heinen Western ND Development Director email@example.com or 701-590-4614
ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION SEPT 28th - OCT 31st -- $5,427
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact John Heinen at NDCF for more infomration (701) 590-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve McKenzie County residents.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-sectarian and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/McKenzieCounty.
- Applications shall be due October 31 of each year. Extensions may be granted and additional grant application deadlines may be added at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals will NOT be considered.
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses will receive a lower priority.
- Requests for projects or programs that serve a greater number of community residents will receive higher priority.
McKenzie County Community Foundation (MCCF) C/O NDSU Extension
201 5th St NW Suite 525
Watford City, ND 58854
QUESTIONS: Email, click here MCCF committee
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation