The Hebron Community Foundation was established in 2012 with funds from the Ishmael & Rose Diede estate. Ishmael was a local community photographer in Mott for 38 years, serving Hettinger and Western Morton Counties. He wished for his estate to continue to benefit the communities that had supported him and Rose throughout their lives. Thanks to his generosity, the Hebron Community Foundation now has the opportunity to provide funding for community projects and scholarships to area students.
The Hebron Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Stephanie Hochhalter (Chair)
400 Church Ave
Hebron, ND 58638
or contact John Heinen Western ND Director for NDCF
Apply for a Grant from the Hebron Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies. Groups without such designation seeking to apply may enlist a fiscal sponsor. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 590-4614 at NDCF for more information.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the Hebron community.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/Hebron.
- Applications shall be due no later than April 1 each year. Extensions may be granted at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Approved grant requests may be funded in full or partially, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
- Organizations that serve Youth, Senior Citizens, Leadership, and Community Development
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests for multiple-year funding
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
The following will NOT be considered:
- Requests for grants or scholarships for individuals
AVAILABLE GRANT DOLLARS FOR 2017 CYCLE: $5685
GRANT APPLICATION ACCEPTED MARCH 1st - APRIL 1st
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION Fill out completely in one sitting since form does not save information. A copy is sent to the committee for review once you hit send. Thank you!
Grant Reports: If you received grants in the past but did not submit a report, please use the section below and submit one online.
Hebron Community Foundation
400 Church Ave
Hebron, ND 58638
Questions: email committee here
ONLINE FILLABLE GRANT REPORT
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE GRANT REPORT VERSION: Reports are due 6 months after receiving a grant. When submitting you must fill out completely and hit send, since the form does not save data.
Grants Awarded by the Hebron Community Foundation in 2014
- Hebron Public School Library - $944 towards an automated library system
- Hebron Fire Department - $1,856 to purchase one set of bunker gear
- Hebron Park Board - $1,500 for pool resurfacing
- Brick City Activity Center - $500 to support the senior center
- Hebron Public School - $1,000 for Lego education products to promote STEM education
- FM Area Foundation - $100 for a Connected Puzzle for the local elementary school
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in the Hebron area:
Ishmael & Rose Diede Scholarship for Hebron
Established with a gift from the estate of Ishmael Diede. This permanent endowment fund will be used to provide scholarships to high school students in Hettinger & Western Morton Counties.
Robert E. Chase Scholarship
The Robert E. Chase Scholarship Fund was established in 1994 by the Mandan Rotary Club to honor longtime Mandan businessman and community leader Robert E. Chase.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Please find attached updated brochures and yearly reports to the community as and when they exist. These are great items to download and send to family and friends in and out of the area as a way to share your story.
Annual Report (Coming in late 2017)
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation