Walhalla Area Community Foundation
About the Walhalla Area Community Foundation
The Walhalla Area Community Foundation was established in 2009 by a group of community leaders to build endowment and support projects that enhance the quality of life for the citizens of the Walhalla, ND area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Walhalla Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 318
Walhalla, ND 58282
or contact Amy Warnke, NDCF Development Director, at 701-795-1531.
The Walhalla Community Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2016 grant round. Applications are available at City Hall or on this website under the "Apply for a Grant" tab. Completed applications must be returned by September 30, 2016 to City Hall.
How to Apply for a Grant from the Walhalla Area Community Foundation
1. Makes grants only to those organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies.
2. Makes grants to qualifying organizations in the city of Walhalla
To Apply: Download application form and send the completed application to:
PO Box 318
Walhalla, ND 58282
Grants Awarded in 2018
- City of Walhalla - Repairs to Clinic Parking Lot: $4,000
- Walhalla Police Department - Stalker DSR Police Radar: $3,000
Grants Awarded in 2017
- Gorge Arts & Heritage Council - Walhalla Theater Electrical Updates: $7,150
Grants Awarded in 2016
- Gorge Arts & Heritage Council - Walhalla Theater Exterior Improvements: $3,500
- Walhalla Community Hospital Association - Generator Replacement: $3,500
Grants Awarded in 2015
- Walhalla Public Library - Roof Repairs: $7,000
Grants Awarded in 2014
City of Walhalla - Winter Wonder Land Project: $7,000
Other Funds Managed by NDCF in Walhalla
Scholarships for Students from Walhalla
Alice Olson Byron Memorial Music Scholarship: The fund was established in 2010 with a gift from the family of Alice Olson Byron and the Alice Olson Memorial Fund, to assist students who have graduated from a Pembina County, ND high school to continue their post-secondary education.
Funds from Walhalla
Beaulieu Cemetery Fund: Established in 1992 to support the historic Beaulieu Cemetery maintenance
Frances & Emma Fitzsimonds Endowment Fund: Established in 1992 by Frances and Emma Fitzsimonds to support their favorite charities.
Save Our Screen Fund: Established in 2012, the purpose of the Save Our Screen Fund is to provide monies for the costs associated with the renovation/upgrade of the historic Theatre in Cavalier. Grants from the fund will be used to update/preserve the historic Cinema Theater in Cavalier, ND.
Advisory Committee Application
Copyright © 2019 North Dakota Community Foundation