Strasburg Area Community Foundation
About the Strasburg Area Community Foundation
The Strasburg Area Community Foundation was established in 2014 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Strasburg area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Strasburg Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
To be established.
Al Dosch, 701-336-7542
Kara Geiger, Development Director with the North Dakota Community Foundation, 701-222-8349
Apply for a Grant from the Strasburg Area Community Foundation
- Organizations must be recognized under IRS code 501(c)(3) to qualify for a grant. Any organization with an official relationship to city or state government (school, park district etc.) would also qualify.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the Strasburg area (as determined by the local advisory committee).
- Requests for day-to-day operations shall receive low priority.
- Grants for multi-year requests (pledges) shall not be made, however an organization may re-apply for a grant each year, provided all previous grant reporting was completed.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- No grants shall be made to individuals.
- Grants shall be awarded annually at the discretion of the Advisory Committee.
Download an application form (PDF) and return completed form to:
Grants Awarded by the Strasburg Area Community Foundation in 2016
- Strasburg Care Center - $475 for Update on Facilities
- Strasburg Park Board - $500 towards the Sports Complex
- Strasburg Fire and Rescue - $500 for LED Lighting Upgrade
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in the Strasburg area.
Cody Feist Memorial Scholarship
The Cody Feist Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in loving memory by family and friends in the year 2001. The initial primary purpose of the Fund will be to financially assist students at the North Dakota State University who are juniors or seniors in the Electrical Engineering Department.
Dr. Donald P. Miller Memorial Scholarship
The Fund was established in 2000 by the family of Dr. Donald P. Miller after his untimely death in 1998. Eligible students must have graduated from Strasburg HS, ND.
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation