Sherwood/Antler Community Foundation
About the Sherwood/Antler Community Foundation
The Sherwood/Antler Community Foundation was established in 2010 with a gift from the Arthur H. Pearson trust. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in Sherwood and Antler. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
Local Advisory Committee
We are currenly seeking volunteers to serve on the Advisory Committee. The two basic responsibilities are:
- Committee members review grant applications and recommend which applicants receive grants and the size of those grants.
- Committee members help the fund grow by developing a fundraising plan and carrying it out.
If you are interested in serving on the Advisory Committee, please contact Kara Geiger at the North Dakota Community Foundation.
Kara Geiger at the North Dakota Community Foundation
Apply for a Grant from the Sherwood/Antler Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded to those organized under IRS code 501(c)3 and those with an official relationship to a government entity (school, park district, city etc.)
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations that serve the community of Mohall.
- Grants will generally not exceed $1000 per application.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
- The number of people to be served
- The impact of the grant on the success of the project
Deadline: September 15
New for 2018 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Sherwood/Antler Community Foundation in 2014
- Minot Area Youth Sportsmans Club - $470 For Mohall Gun Club serving Sherwood and Antler
If you are interested in establishing a fund to support the communities of Sherwood and Antler, please contact our office.
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation