Minot Community Endowment Fund
About the Minot Community Endowment Fund
The Minot Community Endowment Fund was established by a grant from the Otto Bremer Foundation in 1981 as a way for local residents to give back to the Minot community to support nonprofit projects and programs.
The fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers who make up the Advisory Committee and recommend grants from the fund annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Ex officio: Rich Berg, Staci Kenney
Advisory Committee members serve for a term of 3 years, and may serve two consecutive terms. If you are interested in being considered for a position on the Advisory Committee, please contact Allan McGeough.
or contact Kara with the North Dakota Community Foundation, (701) 222-8349.
Apply for a Grant from the Minot Community Endowment Fund
The application was updated for 2017. You must download a new form (below). Requests submitted on the old application form will not be accepted.
We no longer require you to submit multiple copies of your grant application.
If you received a grant last year, you MUST complete a grant evaluation before a new request will be considered.
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS as 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within the city of Minot and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Application forms will be available online at www.NDCF.net/Minot.
- Applicants must submit one (1) copies of the completed application form and all supporting materials.
- Only one (1) request per organization per year will be considered.
- Deadline for submissions is May 31.
- If your organization is outside of the Minot area, please describe in the narrative section how your project or program will specifically serve Minot area residents. Provide the number of Minot area residents served, if known.
- The grant committee welcomes and encourages applications for funding a large community project.
Deadline: May 31
Download an application form, and send completed application to:
Minot Community Endowment Fund
20 1st Street SW
Minot, ND 58701
Grants Awarded by the Minot Community Endowment Fund in 2016
- 2nd Story – Minot Social Club - $1,000 for Sponsor of the Month
- Children’s Museum of Minot, Inc. - $20,000 for exhibit space
- Domestic Violence Crisis Center - $2,000 for security equipment
- Girl Scouts Dakota Horizons - $2,000 for the Thrill Builders After School STEM Program
- Junior Achievement - $2,000 for classroom programs
- Lillian & Coleman Taube Museum of Art - $2,000 for Gallery on Wheels
- Magic City Lions Club - $3,030 for Utility Box Art Project
- Men’s Winter Refuge - $1,370 for replacing worn appliances
- Minot Area Council on the Arts - $2,000 for Minot Street Art Movement
- Minot Area Homeless Coalition - $4,000 for direct service support
- Minot Commission on Aging - $4,000 for Meals on Wheels program
- Northern Plains Children’s Advocacy Center - $2,000 for family room updates
- Optimist Club of Minot - $7,600 sled hockey program
- Serenity Therapeutic Equine Program - $4,000 for the Serenity activity center
- Souris Valley United Way - $5,000 for Backpack Buddies program
- YWCA - $4,000 for The Helping Hand Fund
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in the Minot area:
Minot Kiwanis Club Scholarship Endowment Fund
The Fund was established by The Kiwanis Club of Minot in 1985 to assist deserving students attending a Minot post-secondary institution and receiving training in a music education related field.
ND Nurse Practitioner Association Scholarship Fund
Established in 2013, the ND Nurse Practitioner Association Scholarship will provide valueable assistance to deserving students.
Ayash, John J. Scholarship Fund
Established in 1977 by friends and family in loving memory of Dr. John J. Ayash, a physician in Minot, ND, to assist second or third year North Dakota medical students.
Skari, Kirstin Memorial Scholarship Fund
Established in 1999 by the parents in loving memory of Kirstin Skari who passed away on July 10, 1999 from viral meningitis and encephalitis. She had just completed her freshman year at the University of North Dakota. Applicants must be sophomore or junior members of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority at the University of North Dakota.
A.L. Braaten Fund
Established in 1987 by A. L. Braaten to support the work of the North Dakota Community Foundation.
Mike F. Dolan Minot Rotary Club Fund
Established in 1999 by Mike F. Dolan in support of scholarships given by the Minot Rotary Club
ND Parks & Rec Enhancement Fund
The ND Parks & Rec Enhancement Fund is a fund to enhance Parks in North Dakota and it is designed to meet needs by funding: •Services not currently provided by ND Parks & Rec. •Services which enhance those already provided by ND Parks & Rec.
ND Patriot Guard Fund
This fund was established in 2013 to provide support for the Welcome Home Korea and Vietnam War Veterans event.
Orvald J. Bjerken Fund
Established in 1990 by the estate of Orvald J. Bjerken to support the work of the North Dakota Community Foundation.
Our Redeemer School Fund
Established in 1989 to support the Our Redeemer School in Minot
Porter Brothers Fund
Established in 1979 by Porter Brothers in support of the Foundation's unrestricted grant program.
James & Anne Ryan Memorial Fund
The fund was established with proceeds from a charitable gift annuity established by James and Anne Ryan during their lifetimes and maturing upon the death of Anne in the fall of 2009. The Fund will support the work of Catholic Charities, the University of Mary and Minot Catholic Schools.
Short Creek Church & Cemetery Fund
Established in 1999 to maintain the historic Short Creek Church and Cemetery
T.A. and Anna Solheim Permanent Endowment Fund
Established in 2009 with a gift from the estates of T.A. and Anna Solheim, this fund was setup as a sub-fund of the Minot Community Endowment Fund. Mr. Solheim served as the first chair of the North Dakota Community Foundation.
T.A. Solheim Fund
Established in 1976 by T. A. Solheim in support of the Foundation's unrestricted grant program.
Souris Valley United Way Endowment Fund
Established in 1993 to support the Souris Valley United Way
Charles & Madge Westlie Endowment Fund
Established in 1999 by Charles & Madge Westlie to support their favorite charities.
Young Life North Dakota Fund
The Young Life ND fund was established in 2013 to support the Young Life program in North Dakota. Donations to the fund can be specified for the following different programs across North Dakota. Bismarck Minot Williston Dickinson Fargo Grand Forks Small Towns Native American
Copyright © 2017 North Dakota Community Foundation