Kindred Area Community Foundation
About the Kindred Area Community Foundation
Established in 2005 by a group of residents concerned about the lack of funding for local organizations, the Kindred Area Community Foundation provides a method of receiving funds/donations to benefit projects or non-profit organizations in the geographic area of the Kindred School District. The Kindred Area Community Foundation is administered by the North Dakota Community Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)3 and North Dakota state law, in accordance with their investing and grant making policies.
A board of citizens from across the school district shall be responsible for local fundraising and issuing of grants. Every effort shall be made to maintain a healthy cross-section of persons representing the residents across the district. New members shall be elected by the existing board.
The mission statement of the Kindred Area Community Foundation is to improve the quality of life for residents in the Kindred School District through charitable giving and promoting philanthropy.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 42
Kindred, ND 58051
How to Apply for a Grant from the Kindred Area Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations and/or projects within the boundaries of the Kindred School District. An organization must be based within those boundaries to qualify for funding.
- Generally, grants shall not exceed $1000.00
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation will not provide funding for day-to-day operations.
- Grants to religious organizations shall be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation will not fund entire projects.
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation shall not make grants to individuals.
- Organizations shall be limited to one request per calendar year.
- The Kindred Area Community Foundation will accept grant applications once each year. Applications are due by October 1 to be eligible for that grant cycle. Applicants will be notified within 30 days of this deadline as to the Board decisions.
In funding decisions, the Advisory Board will consider:
- Each project on the merits of the project
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and community support, to include fundraising
- Degree to which the organization can demonstrate successful attempts to leverage monies through other granting agencies or programs
- The number of residents served and the overall impact on the community
- Innovative solutions or a new approach to an existing or recurring problem
- Degree to which the Kindred Area Community Foundation grant will affect the success of the project
To Apply: Download application form and send completed form to:
PO Box 42
Kindred, ND 58051
Grants Awarded in 2017:
- Kindred High School Boosters Club - Viking Pride Fundraising Dinner: $1,157.25
- Kindred Area Arts Partnership (KAAP) for an Artist-in-Residence program: $1,157.25
- Leonard Fire Department for personal protective gear for volunteer firefighters: $1,157.25
- Davenport Park Board to purchase new picnic tables: $1,157.25
- Kindred Concert Series to provide free teaching session/concert to Kindred students: $250
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation