Kenmare Area Community Foundation
About the Kenmare Area Community Foundation
The Kenmare Area Community Foundation was established in 2009 by gifts from the Kenmare Development Corporation and Kenmare Veteran’s Club. It provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to benefit projects or nonprofit organizations in the Kenmare area. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Kenmare Area Community Foundation is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
Amy Ones in Kenmare, or
Kara Geiger, Development Director at the North Dakota Community Foundation, 701-222-8349.
Send correspondence and donations to:
Kenmare Area Community Foundation
PO Box 663
Kenmare, ND 58746
Apply for a Grant from the Kenmare Area Community Foundation
- Grants shall be awarded only to those organizations designated by the IRS Code as 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt groups, or government agencies.
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations within Kenmare and surrounding communities, as determined by the Advisory Committee.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- Applications shall be due by June 15 of each year.
- Projects or programs that benefit a greater number of residents
- Requests that demonstrate applicant will seek or has secured other funding sources
- Requests for operating funds or day-to-day expenses
- Requests for multiple-year funding
Deadline: June 15
New for 2018 and Beyond:
We made it easy for you to apply online for a grant!
Step 1 - Review
Review the grant guidelines above to make sure your organization qualifies.
Step 2 - Register
Create an account on our Grant Portal. You will need your organization’s name, EIN, and executive officer's name. Be sure to write down your user name (email address) and password.
Step 3 – Complete Your Application
After registering or logging in, you will arrive at the application section. Click “Apply” to the right of the grant program to which you wish to apply. If you do not see your desired grant program on the list, contact our office. You will be able to save your application and return later to complete it.
Grants Awarded by the Kenmare Area Community Foundation in 2016
- Carpio Lutheran Church - $1,000 for raised garden beds for the community
- Lake County Historical Society - $1,000 for electrical upgrades to Anne’s dress shop building
- City of Flaxton - $1,000 for tree removal and replanting throughout the city
- Kenmare Elementary School - $500 for “Build the Box” reading program
- City of Donnybrook - $1,000 to repair the floor in the community center and for new cabinets for storage
- Lakeview Art Club - $400 for studio maintenance
- Kenmare Senior Citizens Center - $800 to replace the stove
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds in the Kenmare area:
Marjorie Christensen Ribe Scholarship
The Marjorie Christensen Ribe Scholarship Fund was established by in the year 2007. The initial primary purpose of the Fund is to financially assist students from North Dakota to continue their education. The Fund will assist students from North Dakota to have an international educational experience.
Dorothy D. James Camp Grassick Fund
Established in 1999 by the estate of Dorothy D. James in support of Camp Grassick near Dawson, ND.
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation