Carrington Community Endowment Fund
About the Carrington Community Endowment Fund
Established in 1980 to support Carrington area community projects, the Carrington Community Endowment Fund provides a method of receiving donations and distributing grants to worthwhile projects. The Foundation is affiliated with the North Dakota Community Foundation, which is a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation under IRS code 501(c)(3) and North Dakota Law.
The Carrington Community Endowment Fund is managed locally by a group of volunteers whose main activities are building the fund and recommending grants annually.
Local Advisory Committee
PO Box 108
Carrington, ND 58421
or contact Kara Geiger at the North Dakota Community Foundation, 701-222-8349.
How to Apply for a Grant from the Carrington Community Endowment Fund
- Grants shall be awarded to organizations designated as a non-profit, tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501(c)3 or to government agencies that serve the community of Carrington.
- Organizations may qualify for one grant per year.
- Low priority will be given to grants requesting funds for day-to-day operations.
- Grants to religious organizations will be limited to those activities which are non-denominational and serve the entire community.
- To be considered for the current grant round, organizations must submit a completed application which contains all information requested on the application form.
- Applications must be received by March 15 of each year. The Advisory Committee may approve a second round of funding for the year. If a second round of funding takes place, the deadline for those applications is September 15.
In funding decisions, the board will consider the following:
- Organizational management and integrity
- Level of local involvement and support
- The number of people to be served
- The impact of the grant on the success of the project
Deadline: March 15
To apply: Download an application form and mail completed form to:
PO Box 108
Carrington, ND 58421
Grants Awarded in 2018
Carrington Fire Department - $5,000 for PPE Replacement
Carrington Health Center - $2,886 for Emergency Medical Services Equipment
Carrington Kiwanis Club - $1,539 for Purchase Replacement Pancake Grill
Carrington Senior Citizens - $1,500 for Light Fixture Replacement
Carrington Youth Center - $3,450 for Carrington Theatre Flooring
Foster County Auditor - $1,714 for Courthouse Park Update
Caring-Ton Child Care Center Inc - $1,113 for New Equipment & Toys
The North Dakota Community Foundation also administers the following funds for in the Carrington area:
Curtis Stern Memorial Scholarship: In tribute to the dedicated work of Curt Stern, the National Sunflower Association board of directors established a memorial scholarship in his name. The initial purpose of the fund is to financially assist students who are interested in the field of agriculture with special emphasis on sunflower production, promotion or research.
Carrington Friends of Library Non-Endowment Fund: Established in 1995 by the Carrington Friends of the Library in support of the Carrington Library.
Carrington Health Scholarship Fund: Established in 1990 by the Carrington Health Center to support medical students from the Carrington area.
McGinn-Kunkel Estate Fund: Established in 1988 by the estate of William A. Kunkel to support projects in the Carrington area.
Meadows Memorial Fund: Established in 1999 by the Meadows family to financially assist students from Carrington, ND in the medical field.
Copyright © 2018 North Dakota Community Foundation