The North Dakota Community Foundation (NDCF) can quickly establish a fund in response to a natural disaster that affects North Dakota residents. Individuals and businesses that wish to donate to the fund can quickly provide monies to assist in recovery efforts and receive a tax deduction for their gift.
Examples of previous disaster-related or Urgent Needs Funds at NDCF include:
- the 1997 Red River Flood Event, affecting Grand Forks/East Grand Forks and other communities along the Red River Valley
- the 2011 Flood Event, affecting Bismarck-Mandan and Minot
- the McKenzie County Tornado Relief Fund
- the Dunn County Storm Relief Fund
- the Killdeer Area Storm Relief Fund in response to the hailstorm in 2016
If you are interested in setting up a temporary disaster-response fund at NDCF, please contact Kevin Dvorak at Kevin@NDCF.net or at 701-222-8349.